Download in Doc Format
|Rules & Regulations of the Society,
'Non-Resident Oriyas Facilitation Centre
- Name of the Society: Non-Resident Oriyas Facilitation Center, abbreviated as NROFC.
- Location: At/PO/PS/Dist:
IPICOL House, Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751007, PS. Sahid Nagar, Dist. Khurda.
- Area of Operation: Throughout the state of Orissa and covers persons of Orissa origin
and their descendants wherever they reside.
- The "Society" shall take the form of a Public-Private-People-Partnership and
shall have representation of the government, NonResident Oriyas (henceforth called NROs)
and the Community.
- Aims and duties:
The NROFC is international and independent of the interests of any group, language or
religion but shall follow self-enlightened interests of its members and through their
efforts the wholesome development of Orissa, through
- Collection of information on NROs and creation of database, mailing lists, discussion
- Exchange of information of all manner with NROs, Government and people of the locality,
representation of the interests of the Members including providing information,
- Voluntary gathering of all Oriyas residing outside Orissa and abroad interested in the
development of the state of Orissa in all conceivable,
- Organisation of designated events such as Pravasi Oriya Divas, Annual Orissa Development
- Facilitation of NRO projects by providing relevant information and help with government
- All other related activities with active support of the government via the NRO cell in
the GA department.
- The society shall be composed of three classes of membership, Ordinary Members, Honorary
Members and Distinguished Members, unless otherwise amended by the Annual General Body.
- Any person of Orissa origin, local or foreign, who gives an undertaking to support the
aims of the NROFC may become an Ordinary Member of the NROFC, subject to the approval of a
Membership Committee set up for the purpose. If a membership request is rejected by the
Committee the aggrieved person may appeal against this decision within one month following
the written refusal. The next General Body Meeting will decide about the appeal.
- Honorary Members are admitted by the Annual General Meeting upon proposal of the
- Distinguished Members are physical or legal persons proposed by the Membership Committee
and selected on the basis of their position or activity in relation with the aim and
duties of the NROFC. Distinguished Members do not have voting right in General Body
Meetings and their Membership may be cancelled if their position or activity is no longer
supportive of the aims and duties of the Society.
- Rights and Duties of the Members:
- Each ordinary and honorary Members shall have one vote per person in General Body
meetings of the society.
- Members have to pay a yearly membership fee. Level, frequency and payment methods shall
be such as are decided by the General Body. Honorary Members do not pay membership fees
but may contribute in cash or kind appropriate to their status.
- Membership cancellation
- Membership ceases following dissolution of the NROFC, resignation, death or expulsion. A
resignation has to be tendered in writing to the Chairman with a notice of three months.
There is no refund of yearly fees on these accounts.
- A Member ceases to be a member if he is in arrears of yearly fees for consecutive two
years or does not attend General Body meeting for consecutive three years. The excluded
Member may within one month following the receipt of the written statement of his
exclusion, appeal against this decision and the next General Body Meeting shall take the
- Authorities of the NROFC shall be the following
- Executive Committee
- General Body
- Membership Committee
- Any other Committee that the General Body may approve for specified purpose(s)
- The Executive Committee shall consist of
- A Chairperson, who shall be elected by the general body,
A Coordinator, NRO activities, and
- Three other members
The Executive Committee shall have a term of two years and may continue to conduct the
NROFC until the next elected body takes over.
- The quorum shall be 3.
- It shall take decisions if more than half the members present during a meeting vote for
- The Chairperson shall preside over meetings of the Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee may apportion different activities among the office bearers for
the sake of smooth working of the society
- (a) The Secretary shall keep all records and make correspondences on behalf of
(b) The NROFC shall sue and be sued in the name of the Secretary in all matters
including properties of the Society, movable or immovable.
- The funds of the Society shall be maintained in a scheduled bank and operated
jointly by the Treasurer and one of the office bearers of the Executive Committee as
decided by the said committee.
- Rules and regulations of the Society may be amended by two thirds majority of members
present and voting, in a general body meeting convened for the purpose. Amendment proposed
by the Executive will have no effect unless approved by the General Body convened for that
purpose. All major decisions taken in E.B. should be approved by General Body with clear
cut agenda before implementation.
- General Body Meetings
- Annual General Body Meeting has to take place in the forenoon following the Oriya
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened at any time, following a written
request made by at least one quarter of the members on roll giving notice of points to be
- The physical presence of Members during the General Meeting is not mandatory,
Participation is also accepted in a written form. A detailed agenda will be sent out at
least four weeks before the meeting.
- There shall be an Annual General Body Meeting immediately following audit of the
accounts, but not later than December of the year in which the audit is finalized. The AGM
will be announced by the Secretary generally by emails, unless the person has no email, in
this case a written notice will follow, indicating the agenda, at least four weeks before
it takes place. Written comments have to be sent to the Secretary at least a week before
the meeting takes place.
- Decisions will be taken by a majority, provided that proposals concerning the amendment
of the by-laws shall require consent of two thirds of the members present and voting.
- In case the annual General Body Meeting cannot take place or is unable to arrive at a
decision in any particular year, the Executive Committee Members shall continue to
function till the General Body takes a decision.
- (1) The Annual General Body shall have all or any of the following in their
- Verification of the list of Members having franchise
- Annual report of various authorities of the Society
- Reports of the Treasurer and the Auditors
- Decisions concerning applications for membership, expulsion or similar matters
- Election of members of the Executive Committee and the Committee on Membership
(2)Minutes reporting the details of the General Body meeting have to be completed and
signed by the Chairperson and the Secretary of the meeting.
- Account Book Auditors
- The General Body shall appoint statutory Auditors on recommendations of the Executive
Committee. They will conduct concurrent audit as well as the yearly audit of the
balance-sheets, account books and proofs of payments as well as the cash register for a
report and presentation during the next General Body meeting.
- They will be appointed for one year, and may be reappointed as long as the General Body
- Dissolution of the NROFC
- The decision of the dissolution of the NROFC can only be taken by a General Body Meeting
specially convened for that reason and on the basis of the majority of three quarters of
- In case of the dissolution, the properties of the NROFC have to be used for completing
ongoing projects on the basis of length of pendency of the project. Should such use not be
possible, the properties may only be used to the benefit of a general interest or charity,
Upon dissolution the assets of the Society will be handed over to a similar type of Regd.
society or to the Govt. after satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities.
- Implementation of Rules
- The General Body Meeting may take decision concerning the interpretation of these
by-laws on recommendation of the Executive Committee.
- Certified that there is no other Society in the same name at the same place.
Certified that this is the true and correct copy of the Rules and Regulations.
Certified that all the legal matters have been guided by the society as per SRA-1860 and
|(C. R. Das)
|(The above signatures are to be attested by
|Memorandum of the
Association of NROFC
- Name of the Society: Non-Resident Oriyas Facilitation Center, abbreviated as
- Location: At/PO/PS/Dist:
IPICOL House, Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751007, PS. Sahid Nagar, Dist. Khurda
- Area of operation: The State of Orissa and covers persons of Orissa origin and
their descendants wherever they reside
- List of Governing Body Members
- Shri Sahadeva Sahoo, D-3, B. J. B. Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014,
- Shri Dhanada Mishra, 67, Surya Nagar, Bhubaneswar,
- Shri Chitta Ranjan Das, Surya Nagar, Bhubaneswar,
- Shri B. K. Sinha,
- Shri M. K. Mishra
- Shrimati Babita Mishra
- Shri Sitakantha Das,
Chair, NRO Coordination
- List of General Body
We the following members have formed an Association namely Non-Resident Oriyas
Facilitation Center and drawn up Rules and Regulations in lieu of a memorandum of
association as per the rules of S.R.A. 1860 and state that the facts stated in the
M.O. A. are true to the best of our knowledge and belief .
|Name of the
members/ Fathers name/
Address / Permanent address
S/o late Bhagabat Sahoo
|D-3, B J B
Pres. of Society
S/o Shri C. Mishra
|67 Surya Nagar
S/o- late Kulamani Das
|Shri B. K. Sinha,
S/o Dr B. N. Sinha
|Shri M. K. Mishra
Chair, NRO activities
W/o Dhanada Mishra
|67 Surya Nagar
|Shri Bijay K.
S/o Late Raghunath Patra
340, Gautam Nagar
|Mr. Asim Kumar
S/o Jayakrishna Biswal
C.S. Pur, Bhubaneswar-21
|Aims and objects of the Society:
Signatures from sl. no. 1
are attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Assistant Engineer, Office of Chief Engineer
R. D. & Q. P. (R & B), Bhubaneswar
|6. Signature of
two witnesses (nonmembers)
(1) Deepak Kumar Nayak
51, Shastri Nagar, Unit 4, Bhubaneswar 1
(2) Bivas Prusty
108, Harihar Enclave,
340 Gautam Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014
Certified that this is the true and correct copy of the memorandum
- Aims and Objectives of the Society:
The NROFC is in the nature of a Society which will have an international impact and will
be independent of the interests of any group, language or religion but shall follow
self-enlightened interests of its members and through their efforts the wholesome
development of Orissa, through
a) collection of information on NROs and creation of database, mailing lists,
discussion forum etc.,
b) exchange of information of all manner with NROs, Government and people of
the locality, representation of the interests of the Members including
c) voluntary gathering of all Oriyas residing outside Orissa and abroad
interested in the development of the state of Orissa in all conceivable
d) organisation of designated events such as Pravasi Oriya Divas, Annual
Orissa Development Symposium.,
e) facilitation of NRO projects by providing relevant information and help
with government interface,
f) all other related activities with active support of the government via the
NRO cell in the GA department.